(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) - You have probably heard the statement "every day is Ashura and every land is Karbala". Now read the following sentences and look at this statement again:
- Who is Hussein (A.S.) and where is Karbala? Why doesn't the story of Karbala become old ever?
- Karbala is not just a city among all cities or just a name among all names. Karbala is the site of truth and Imam Hussein's companions could get to the truth.
- Karbala is not just a city among cities and Ashura is not just a day among all days; the whole earth is Karbala and Karbala is calling upon us.
- True, Karbala is just a city among all cities and just a name among all names. Just as a lighter which is just an object among all objects. But what differentiates a lighter from other objects is ‘the light'. The same is true about Karbala. What differentiates it from other cities is ‘the light'. It is this light that calls upon lovers of truth.
- Tears wash the dirt from the heart. This would send the light of truth to the heart and make the heart closer to the land of God, which is Karbala.
- Karbala is the scale of love and separates the people of God from others.
- What is it about the event of Ashura that works miracle to the heart of people and fills them with love and life? It is Karbala. It is. Karbala is the heart of history and a beam of light enlightening the hearts of people who cannot deny it.
- The truth was killed in Karbala. The thirst of people of Karbala is a thirst for truth; what sent them to the Heaven. They are drinking from the hands of Hussein (A.S.) in the Heaven now.
"Every day is Ashura and every land is Karbala" means that it is Karbala wherever your body, injured in the path of truth, falls. And whenever there is a struggle between right and wrong, it is Ashura.
source : www.abna.ir