The Scientific and Research Center Dār al-'Irfān al-Shī'ī was founded in 1377/1998 under the auspices of the erudite and divine scholar, Ustād Husayn Ansāriān. This cultural and religious Institute has been established based on approved articles of association and as per the permission issued by the Ministry of Islamic Guidance for the fulfillment of the following goals:
Goals and fields of activity: To act upon the Prophetic tradition "Indeed I leave with you Two Weighty Things: Allah's Book and my descendants, my household" and guard the borders of the Islamic faith. The goals and fields of activity include:
1. To endeavor towards the propagation of the pure teachings of the Prophet's Immaculate Household (ASS) in Iran and abroad.
2. To collect, compile, and author religious books and articles from and into foreign languages.
3. To cooperate in order to hold cultural and artistic fairs, exhibitions, and festivals for state-run and or private organizations and centers.
4. To enter into cultural and artistic exchange through providing cultural and artistic services and goods, including books, periodicals, audio and video tapes and multimedia.
5. To make efforts in order to collect cultural and artistic works for the preservation and protection of cultural and religious heritage.
6. To establish relations and interact with cultural, artistic, and religious centers in Iran and abroad.
7. To carry out publishing activities through the required permits in order to publish books in multifarious fields and revive the written heritage of Shi'i scholars.
8. To design, establish and found general and special libraries and also establish centers for the preparation and reproduction of religious audio and video tapes and multimedia.
9. To establish information websites for rendering scientific and research services in the fields of Islamic sciences and teachings.
10. To establish centers in order to provide answers to religious, ethical, domestic, and social questions, asked via the Internet, phone, and correspondence or in person.
11. To establish special centers for training preachers in order to propagate the Islamic faith in Iran and abroad.
12. To collect, compile, and publish the works of the great scholar, Ustād Husayn Ansāriān. Since a large number of youths have welcomed the thoughts of the Ustād in the last four decades, and due to the impacts of his lectures within the same period, so far more than 80 volumes of his invaluable books have appeared under 50 titles and more than 5,000 hours of his recorded lectures, exceeding 480 titles, including fundamental topics of Islamic sciences and teachings, particularly in the fields of Islamic beliefs, biography of the Prophet (SAW), ethics, exegesis, Islamic mysticism, theology, and social studies have been published by the center. Thanks to the Divine Grace, 'Erfan websites (www.ansarian.ir; www.erfan.ir ; www.shieh.ir ; www.emamsajjad.com) is active in 28 widely used languages, providing the general public with most of the Ustād's written works as well as approximately 3,000 topically arranged lectures. Besides, a rich and diverse collection of works on Islamic sciences and teachings, the biography of the Prophetic household (ASS), religious articles and special issues, and thousands of questions and answers regarding Islamic beliefs, ethics, theology, and jurisprudence accompany the texts of the Holy Qur'an, Nahj al-Balāgha, and Sahīfat al-Sajjādīyya together with the Ustād's fluent and precise translations, have been made available to the users of the website. In order to bear good tidings to students and scholars and also to answer the call of a number of scholars regarding the preparation of the texts of the Ustad's lectures, a series entitled Survey of Islamic Teachings is in the process of publication and the first volumes of this invaluable series are being edited by the Research Department of the Center and they are to appear soon; thereby the fruitful lectures, based on original Shi'i sources, will be made accessible to the interested audience.
In case our dear users need further information, are interested in the Ustad's works, or would like to contact him, they may contact the Institute and await a quick reply.
Postal address: Between the 9th and 11th Alley, Shabanian St, Farashahi Ave, 15 Khordad Blvd, Qom.