Saudi regime has identified the perpetrator of the bomb attack on Imam Al Ridha Mosque in Al Ahsa in the Eastern Province as Abdul Rahman Bin Abdullah Bin Sulaiman Al Tuwaijri, a 22-year-old Saudi national.
The interior ministry late on Saturday said that the attacker who bombed the Shiite mosque in Al Mahasin neighbourhood had been arrested two years ago also.
A second suicide bomber was arrested during the attack and he is being treated for wounds, the ministry said, adding that details about his identity will be revealed later.
The statement said that four Saudi Shia citizens were martyred and 33 were injured in the attack. Three security servicemen were also wounded.
"So far, 19 of the injured citizens have left the hospital following their treatment whereas the other 14 and the three policemen are still being treated," the ministry said.
"The security forces will continue their efforts to identify and track down all those involved in the attack through planning, execution, support and direct or indirect incitement," the ministry pledged.
But Saudi Opposition activist, Madawi al-Rasheed lashed out at AL Saud regime, saying that Riyadh is involved in the terrorist attack which targeted Imaئ Ridha Mosque in the eastern province of al-Ahsaa.
“There are hands, and these hands are well known, that seek to suppress the Shia in the Kingdom,” al-Rasheed tweeted. “The only side who benefits (from this attack) is the regime, which wants to subdue the Shiites and the Sunnis through intimidation,” the Saudi activist said. Al-Rasheed hoped that the Saudi regime settle its accounts away from the bodies of the worshipers.
According to a Saudi report, the suicide bomber's father did not notice any change in his son's attitudes when they were together on Thursday, hours before the deadly attack widely condemned in Saudi Arabia and well beyond.
"There was nothing peculiar or strange about him, and he was such a devoted and obedient son," he said, Al Arabiya news site reported. "When we talked on Thursday, there was no indication to what was going to happen on Friday. The other man implicated with him in the attack is close to him and they often did things together," he said.
The father added that his son worked in a restaurant and attended courses at a community college.
"I am sure my son has been subjected to a magical act. I do not know how they reached him, especially that he rarely left the house and never mingled with suspicious people. He never left Saudi Arabia and he does not even have a passport. I do not know how my son has been changed," he claimed.
source : abna24